The G5 Portable Institutional Backstop System By Spalding
About The Spalding G5 Portable Backstop
All pivot points are solid steel stock oil-lite bearings. The unit operates using five high carbon springs; tension is adjustable for operational ease. The unit has an electrostatically powder-coated finish. Enamel paint is not acceptable.
The unit contains 1000 pounds of additional ballast. The boom is made from 4” x 4” steel tubing reinforced along the full length with a 2-1/2” x 2-1/2” steel tubing on the underside and a minimum 6” back stabilizer.
The boom extends 5’ 0” from the face of the backboard to the front of the padded base. The A-frame upright is made of 2-1/2” x 2- 1/2” square steel tubing. The unit has eight 6” caster wheels with a 1000 lb. capacity each. The 2” wide polyurethane hi-tech tread is mechanically molded to the polyolefin spokes. The telescopic brace contains a powder-coated outer sleeve with a plated inner sleeve predrilled to allow for adjustable heights between 6’ and 10’.
The backboard remains perpendicular to the floor at all height locations. The backboard and goal are adjustable at the frame attachment location for nonlevel playing surfaces.
The unit is equipped with a 3500 lb. jack that lifts the frame onto the four front wheels that use swivel casters with two rows of ball bearings encased in pre-lubricated casings. The unit is height adjustable using a 1-1/4” threaded rod for ease of reaching 10’ height adjustment. There is a ten-year limited warranty on the frame, two years on the telescopic brace, and two years on the foot pedestals.
The front of the unit is fitted with 4” padding, and both sides of the unit are fitted with 2” thick padding covered with 36 oz Naugahyde. Padding, with 300 plus color options, bolts to the unit. Three-year warranty.
BB1sb Sentry glass backboard with border and target measures 42” x 72”. Twenty-year warranty.
SD180sb Vision® with 180-degree breakaway action. Five-year warranty on breakaway mechanism and ring.
Features Of the Spalding G5
- Side court backstop for college and professional practice
- 5' distance from backboard to the front pad at standard height. Height adjustable: 6' - 10'
- Spring-assisted lifting mechanism
- 3" thick protective padding covered in 30 oz. vinyl
- White powder coat finish (custom colors available)
- 960 lbs. of ballast
- Rolls on eight 6" x 2" urethane wheels rated for maximum load dispersion
- Shot clock holder and wiring, and logo pads sold separately.
- The system includes the SuperGlass™ Collegiatesb Backboard (72" x 42"), EZ-Bolt and base padding, floor anchor.
- Warranty: Backstop and lifting mechanism, 10-year; SuperGlass™ Collegiatesb Backboard, twenty-year or lifetime on direct mounts; Slam-Dunk® Precision 180sb Goal, 5-year; Backboard padding, 3-year
- Official Technical Partner to FIBA®